Below is the Yearly Meeting Peace Committee’s statement for 2012…
PEACE COMMITTEE OF
IRELAND YEARLY MEETING
THE RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS
[QUAKERS] IN IRELAND.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Quakers.
We base our thinking and actions on our Peace Testimony.
Our view of peace is positive – we seek for peace because it is a real and better alternative to war and violence.
We believe that seeking peace builds peace.
We are the Peace Committee of Ireland Yearly Meeting.
Ireland Yearly Meeting is the gathering of the Religious Society of Friends
[Quakers] in Ireland.
The Yearly Meeting Peace Committee sees its role as
- providing and communicating peace-related information;
- aiding in breaking down many peace-related people’s sense of isolation;
- addressing the national and international peace concerns of Friends and others;
- acting as a catalyst to bring them together and to raise awareness of peace-related issues;
- advocating working peacefully to this end, in the spirit of our Friends’ Peace Testimony